Oversee the creation of educational videos used by thousands of students nationwide.
Location: Remote (North America)
Job Type: Permanent
What You’ll Do
Pixorize is an edtech company that transforms knowledge into visual stories optimized for memory. Our team brings together physicians, scientists, artists, and animators to make world-class educational content.
In this role, you will oversee content offerings targeted at the MCAT exam, with an initial focus on biology and biochemistry. Your responsibilities span across all areas of content creation, including:
- Taking input from users to identify key areas for content improvement or expansion
- Curating structured lists of knowledge from textbooks and scientific literature
- Writing or editing scripts for video-based teaching
- Using our algorithmic method to turn facts into drawn objects for our mnemonics
Our ideal candidate will have a PhD in biochemistry or a related biological science. We are a demanding startup with high expectations. You will do well here if you work hard, learn fast, and enjoy working on challenging problems. We jive well with ambitious people who aim to become the world’s best at their craft.
- Be a strong abstract thinker, since you will be synthesizing abstract concepts and manipulating knowledge as pictures, conceptual meanings, and linguistic sounds
- Scored in the top 1 percentile on the SAT (1540+/2250+), ACT (34+), or MCAT (520+/37+) exams
- Have prior exposure or mastery of content, especially in the domains of biology and biochemistry
- Be fearless, hungry, and open-minded, in a startup where people and processes change quickly
- Have strong communication skills, since you will be responsible for writing and editing teaching material
- Be a problem solver and owner, who troubleshoots and takes personal responsibility for the content produced by your team
- Ph.D. in biochemistry, biology, chemistry, physics, life sciences, or related disciplines.
- Experience with teaching/tutoring and scientific writing
Apply Below ⬇️
To apply, please complete the form here: https://forms.gle/nybn8Pto1kP6LZWS9
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, with a final deadline of Nov 31, 2021. For any questions, reach out to our team at firstname.lastname@example.org